Skip to main content
Question

new app wont let me play music

• 5 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos speaker set up in my house, prior to the app update i had no issues at all. Now i struggle to play music I’ve selected on a speaker i want to use. WiFi has been checked and no issues with it. The speakers are coming up and are available to start streaming music but once selected after a few seconds it says unable to connect. 8/10 this happens. On the off chance it does connect, it then disconnects itself and will reconnect itself after a few minutes and play a different song. Grouping the speakers is also not available.

Is there anything you can do for this? It’s very frustrating as I’ve spent so much on a sound system and for it to not work!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have the same problem.

Three different apps, cannot play music on any of the Sonos devices

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Turn off your speaker(s) at the wall, turn off your router for 30 secs, then router back on and once online, turn the speaker(s) back on. Give it a few mins and see if that works. 

I had no issues with the previous app, but with the new app update I could no longer play music from my Apple Music library.  I reset the app, reset my modem/router. Nothing worked. I just deleted my Apple Music from my Sonos app, then reinstalled, now all is right again. Plays everything, I can control volumes of each speaker, turn speakers on and off as needed, etc.  give it a try if this was your problem. 

Userlevel 1

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? Nearly once a week, all my speakers stop responding to the app. I can still manually press play on the speakers, and they play the last thing assigned to them, but the app says “no music” for each room and each speaker.