Skip to main content

New app update cannot connect to Mytuner stations.

• 18 May 2024
  • 4 replies

The new update has made it impossible for me to connect to Mytuner radio from Sonos. I have removed and re-added Mytuner service to try to fix it, no luck. I used to get quick access simply by clicking a station. Now I must first turn on my Roam bluetooth, go outside Sonos to my Mytuner app, start the station, then go back into Sonos where I can pair it with my non-bluetooth Play1. I must leave the Roam on during the listening, and when I want a new station I have to repeat this process to get connected.

Give me the old version of Sonos back!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

This thread may be of relevance: 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for these ideas!  Now as I prepared to answer, MyTuner has started working as it once did.

For others who may have the same experience, here is what I was writing when I checked one more time, May 25, 2024, and found it to be fixed.

“My desktop iMac Sonos has no problem connecting to MyTuner radio.  In fact, I can start it on my Play1 speaker downstairs from my desktop, but to change to a different Mytuner station I either have to go back to the desktop or start streaming the MyTuner App on my Android phone to my Roam speaker, then pair it with the Play1.  It’s the Sonos App on my Android that is not functioning, but just for MyTuner.  Other streams that I listen to (Pandora, AcuRadio) are connecting as they did with the Android App.  I have tried removing then re-adding, factory reset, etc., but it doesn’t work.  The only way I successfully connect through Android is with the Bluetooth feature of the Roam.  My Play1 does not have that feature.  I always also check the Sonos status of streaming services to check for stream interruptions, and it always says “Operational”.”

Thanks, Sonos Community!

I have the same issues - since the Sonos app was updated to the latest version (v80.01.30) MyTuner radio ONLY PLAYS RADIO STATIONS FROM MY COUNTRY (UK) - I can’t play any radio from abroad anymore. I wasted one hour of my evening trying to get it to work (reinstall app, remove and add my tuner radio again etc ) - only local radio stations stream. Other music streaming works fine, and (surprise , surprise) Sonos radio works fine!?!!
Has anyone figured out how get it to work?

Sonos support - why upgrade your app when it breaks existing functionality for your users? This is total rubbish. 

can you please make the S2 app available so I can listen to foreign radio again? 

Userlevel 1

Mart_2

I feel your pain - really! The only progress I made was by downloading the MyTuner android app to my phone, signing in, then removing and re-adding MyTuner to my Sonos services. This allows me to access the MyTuner service within Sonos, find my station, then play it. Sadly, every time I want to change to another MyTuner station, I have to repeat this. Others are working directly.

This was it for just a couple of days, but my new problem is that whenever I first enter Sonos, it tells me I have no connected products while they are sitting, turned on, in front of me. It tries to force me into system fixes to correct a problem I should not have. I repeat closing the app and coming back until it finally puts me on the Home screen.

It's good that you only lost an hour. I have lost many more fighting with multiple problems with my Roam and Play1, and none were caused by me. I am in America, so I'm not sure I have the same problems as you, but I listen to foreign stations too, when I can. This is a case of Sonos putting the system testing burden on it's customers so they can rush a release. Seen this before, and we will again. Marketing over quality.