Skip to main content

New App Update a fail or am I missing something?

• 25 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Ok so I have been a fan of Sonos and even bought some stock years ago but what happened! This new app is tragic.  I would like to know why Sonos didn’t release this new update to the Beta community to test out like they have some of the last major changes.  If they did they may have been able to solve what I have seen is one of the biggest fails by the new app and that is simply adding music to a queue that you are currently listening to. I haven’t even tried making a new playlist yet but now I’m wondering how to do it at all. Do you have to fabricate some offsite folder that has a playlist in it that you’ve struggled hours to make hoping you don’t hit the “replace the queue” button or do you have to do it by voice control only or….?  What the hell. The easiest thing to do was add a song to a playlist you have already made and now that’s impossible?  No good. 

So if I was to grade this new update it would get an F+!  If I was an employee of say McDonalds and I said “hey why don’t we start selling guns and hammers?” That would be tantamount to what Sonos has done to this new update. 

Solution:  FIX IT!  I don’t want to have to go back to the days of having my Sony cassette player next to me while listening to the radio and Hoping that I just happened to catch the song. I wanted to hear on the radio and impressing play record at the right time Like when I was a kid. But that seems like what this new update is like. Fix it!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I thought I was buying a premium product.  WT……The person who put out this update should be fired. How can a company attempting to pose as a premium entity release an update which can’t be rolled back that destroys its usability as a modern playback tool. 
YOU CANT ADD A SONG TO A PLAYLIST!!!!

not without wiping the playlist that was already playing… 

please let me be wrong. Show me I’m wrong

surely SONOS are not that incompetent 

Userlevel 1

Nope. I think we can’t do a lot of the things that we used to be able to do with the old app. I agree, though that person should be fired. They should’ve put it out to the beta community at least before they released it to the rest of us. I mean, I’m in the beta community but I never got anything about a new update or a trial update. They basically destroyed the best part or one of the best parts of the system, which was to be able to add songs to a playlist that you’ve already created. I don’t know, but I hope they fix it soon. I’ve invested thousands of dollars in the Sonos equipment and now it’s not even 50% as good as it used to be with the old app . We lost so many functions that were so great and what made Sonos a step above. 

I fully agree. This update is tragic in the extreme. Every action is slow, it won’t play songs that I tap with albums. It takes upwards of ten seconds to respond. Finding albums within Apple Music takes ridiculous amounts of scrolling. There are too many issues to list them all. Bring back the old app until the update is fixed! I’m a big fan of Sonos, leaning towards being a former fan. 

They are not contrite. Just in major damage control. But sort of like (Jeremy Clarkson being coached by a PR agent after a major major stuff up kind of damage control). And they’re so obsessed with the new ‘architecture’ they just won’t be letting you at the old stuff. 
IF this new architecture is so damn good then it’s about time we saw some results Pronto!!!

I suspect that for all their older products, it’ll never be as good as it was because they want customers to keep updating. 
what they’re not considering about that is that customers who regularly update count on getting a good resale value for their old gear to mitigate their overall costs. So in essence, by degrading resale costs, they’re not going to have as many new buyers. 
the buyers market will just be made of the super rich (or naive) and not of thrifty audiophiles. 
Eventually, this will affect their bottom line. But by then most of us will have lost interest and other brands will have filled the gap. 

Good luck (once great) Sonos.

Userlevel 2
Badge

All my Amazon playlists work EXCEPT I do have an issue with one of them.  I had 400+ songs BUT only the first 100 songs will play. One screen shows all 400+ (but can still only play songs 1-100) and another screen only shows the 100 songs. When I called support over a week ago it was “news” to them. They were escalating to developers and would update me via email, but haven’t received anything of course.