Skip to main content

NEW APP SUCKS!!!!

• 24 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I just want to tell Sonos that they f***ed massively with the new app. I am considering selling all my products. I have 16 products, including one, beam , IKEA, play bar, 3, 5, Era  300 etc. I am playing a record and can't low volume, it takes decades to go up or down. Right now it's been 7 times that the same song restarted after playing half of it. And don't start with the play button missing in the Deezer option. Now I can tell that I made a huge mistake buying all my music products od Sonos. I regret deeply. 

Sonos go back to the old app and don't touch it. If not, you will loose a 10 year loyal costumer. 

5 replies

Don’t shoot the messenger, but I don’t think they are going back to the new app. IMO They don’t care about 10 year customers, they want new ones who will buy speakers and want headphones. They have our money already.  IMO they are too deep in sunk-cost fallacy to see the benefits of changing course. 

Along with the legions who have joined the “new update sucks” movement, Wirecutter, who’ve had Sonos as first cchoice for wireless speakers from the get go, have dropped the company with the interesting idea of keeping still world class speakers but ditching the software. Any thoughts?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Not just this, but then the “support” tells you that it is your fault for having unsupported external hardware… what my mesh wifi setup is unsupported? “You have an unsupported extender.” “I told you that I have a Boost.” … “yeah, unsupported external hardware, please turn it off.”

YES, SONOS DONT CARE.  I WILL JUMP OFF THE BOAT….

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Try sonophone/sonopad app £4 Ios