Skip to main content
Answered

New App - Room Assignments

• 27 May 2024
  • 6 replies

We have multiple rooms with Sonos Connect in each.  The new app is randomly switching rooms.  For example, we check the circle, see a check mark and select ‘apply’, music plays for a moment or even a while but then will - on its own - the app will change over to a previously selected room.  Anyone else having this issue or Sonos you have a suggestion?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Exact same issue- across multiple devices in our home. Also in order to switch a room I have to group the room I want to control with whatever room the app has chosen, apply, then go back and de-select the first room. Trying to change by simply selecting the room I want and pressing apply reverts back to the room Sonos wants to be on. Then it switches back anyhow after a few minutes.

Also- once I get something playing on the room I want, and I open the app (which has reverted to the room it wants) selecting the room I want stops all music.  This happens on 3 iOS devices. Yay.

Lots of owners reporting this issue. I don’t think Sonos has an acknowledged this bug yet though. Probably going to ignore until/if they fix it. 

Some owners have said that if they rename their rooms the issue goes away. Maybe it will work for you. 

Thank you bumper! After renaming one of the speakers I can switch and group using the checkboxes. 

This room switching is happening constantly and it is maddening. This new app is incredibly glitchy and unstable. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

This is one of the most annoying aspects of the new app!

administrators: please feed this upstairs!

also: the new app is no place for adverts!!!!!