Question

new app missing playlists

The new Sonos app is a catastrophe.  How can they release something that eliminates prior functionality.  It doesn’t allow saving of music, and I’ve completely lost my playlists.  It also takes forever for it to start playing item (an error message repeatedly pops up)I called customer support last night.  It took over an hour to,speak,with someone who sai there was nothing she could do.  How can a company be so irresponsible with its products.  I’ve spent a huge amount of money on the speakers that have been rendered useless 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Totally agree.  Playlists have always been flaky in the S2 app, sometimes disappearing at random.

Now they have 100% disappeared, as this article admits (new version of the app is v80 it seems):

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/save-the-queue-as-a-sonos-playlist

All it says is it ‘will return in a future update.’ 

Not good enough Sonos. 

Thanks for responding.  Today the system isn’t working at all.  Their technicians are moving in the wrong direction with possible fixed or the app is just imploding.  I also tried calling for tech

support, but the wait is over a hour.  Bad customer service!!!!

Badge

I’m livid. I’ve lost playlists I’ve literally spent years curating. There has never been (at least known to me) as means of backing them up and saving them externally. And if there was a mechanism, I had no notice of the impact of the current upgrade such that I could take action.  Unbelievable