Skip to main content

New App linking speakers

• 14 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I’ve eventually got my old phone to install the app (iPhone 14 won't) but when I link my speakers in different rooms there is a lag, sometimes I get I can not connect.  I have even had speakers playing but as they are not showing in the app as connected I cannot control volume by app.  And trying to change music and pick a different playlist seems a lottery.  Even replaying a song seems to cause the system to go into melt down and speakers disconnect.  Anyone else experiencing these issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

I seem to have a similar problem. I have two sonos ‘ones’ and a beam as my system, the app keeps reverting to the sonos one in my bedroom and forgetting the other two products. Even when playing in the kitchen adn the bean in the lounge the bedroom seems to start with another track independently of the others. It is almost impossible to work out what track is playing and where. Numerous other issues which are s=well documented elsewhere, however i wanted to find a title that related to my main issue

Iwoudl ask that we are given the option to revert to the Gold Sonos app that was reliable and in my view, met my needs. If not i think i will have to search alternative means of using my quite expensive system. More expensive since numerous ‘old’ speakers, bridge etc all redundant at a not inconsiderable cost! Not a good way to support your customers.

I’m having a similar issue since the new app.  When I go into Sonos it automatically has my wired ikea lamp speaker playing.  I set the other wireless speakers to play and they don’t.  It usually takes me several tries to hear from the right speakers.  I even set up a speaker group that doesn’t include the lamp but it still doesn’t work.  The new app is slow, clunky and harder to figure out.  I had great hopes from the hype but prefer the old app.