Skip to main content
Question

new app cant play different songs in different rooms

• 10 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Am I missing something with the new app. I don't seem to be able to play different songs in each room. I see a check box for each room and if I unselected room a to select room b to play different music, room a stops. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

You are absolutely correct! Another feature of this disaster.

I misspoke, use groups

I am also struggling with the new app. 

When I choose rooms there is only the option to add rooms (more speakers) to the current song playing.  Unable to have different music play on different speakers.  For example, I may wish to have jazz in living room and R&B in upstairs room but I am unable to do that now.

Help.

How do you use groups?   Can’t figure it out. Thanks. 

No answer here. Can you play different noise from different speakers with Sonos or not?

Found it!  Instead of tapping on the bar at the bottom of the screen that shows your room(s) and music selection, slide it up. All rooms will be shown and you can group and/or select different music for each. 

Thank you EricjLily, that solves one problem with the new app. Now only 37 other things to sort!

I’m terrible at many things, but I work in tech and like to think I’m adept at poking around and figuring things out. Also,  I am in no way one of those “New and different? Bad!” folks.  But this new app is so fundamentally broken it makes me dread when the kids ask to listen to something. I can’t imagine how people my parents’ age are negotiating this. 

Definitely pumping the brakes on any more Sonos purchases until I see if the app, a critical part of the experience, can be improved.