Answered

New app - can't queue albums

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
  • Prominent Collaborator I
  • 72 replies

How do I queue three albums to play on the new app? I do this every night to get me to sleep...

icon

Best answer by webmink 8 May 2024, 07:45

View original

17 replies

No longer possible in the new app !!! Support say wait for updates….

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Only thing I can think or right now would be to put the three albums in a playlist on whatever music service you’re using and then access the playlist in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

No longer possible in the new app !!! Support say wait for updates….

I realised I can do this from the Plex app so I guess I will use that for now. Thank goodness I have a Plex server...

Userlevel 3
Badge

I can't queue up Podcasts either. I always queue up a few podcasts when I'm cooking. I can no longer queue any! What a joke!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

It’s surprising that the new app downgrades the experience. The ability to add music to an existing queue seems like a basic feature. 

Does Sonos just want us to only play music by playlist or album?

Userlevel 3

The update is very disappointing. I am unable to create a queue. When choosing a new song or album the only option is ‘Replace Queue’ which immediately stops the current music. Guess there was zero testing of the new app

Userlevel 1

I really cannot believe Sonos did this to me. I have always loved the app and now it is absolutely terrible. And apparently there is no way for me to get the old one back. What a disaster.

Userlevel 1

This is actually so stupid, who approved this idea! I feel like the app has just been going down hill gfor a while,  5-10 years ago it works so smoothly and so well and ever since they upgraded to the new version its honestly so crap. It is so slow to add songs and change the volume and use the app easily, I thought the update would help fix that stuff, instead it took away one of its most essential functions...nice 

Userlevel 2

I can not find a way to delete queue. Is that a “feature” that got improved upon as well.

I used to love to listen to a Playlist but add in additional tracks when I wanted to. This is no longer possible. It’s taken away one of my most used functions.

The new update no longer allows editing of playlists or to add or remove tracks. And all my old favourite playlists have gone. The functionality of the new app is extremely limited. Whats happened?

I still have the old app on my pc so I can edit playlists, queue albums and songs, delete songs, add 1 song rather than a whole album.  The new app is a joke.  Who tested this?  No one I would guess.

Userlevel 1

Can only get one track at a time from Idagio playlist

No ability to queue your own songs, albums,etc.  The library limit was bad enough.

Just want to move people into paying for streaming services it seems.

Support musicians by buying their music instead of paying exploitative streamers.

Userlevel 1

There is NO functionally at all. Fortunately I have an old iPad with the old app. Otherwise I’ve reverted to AirPlay using one speaker at a time. 

Gawd! This is an absolute embarrassment. Sonos? What were you thinking to release and incomplete, buggy, app

into the wild? Mid-June for return of queue? Can’t downgrade, old version. Ugh! This is a total bummer worse than S1 support ending fiasco. Why? Because this is in the wild. 

Badge

The add album to queue must be restored fast or I will lose faith in this company. Devote less time to additional devices and make the basic app work!!!