Skip to main content
Question

new app - can't play tv audio though out the house like I was able to do b/f app update...

• 7 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Started our Sonos setup in 2016 & have added to it over the years. But it appears the updated app (iOS) really, really, really doesn't want me to listen to the tv throughout the house. It used to be so easy to turn on the tv, then go into the Sonos app & select to hear the tv audio throughout the house. I can no longer do this or at least easily. It keeps wanting to play the music I selected last weekend. After spending 15-20 minutes dinking around in the app, there were a couple of times I was able to get the tv audio. But this is unacceptable & should be easy to do, like it was before. Any tips on what I could do to make this experience better? Like it used to be?
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Room grouping is a little different with the new app, but you will get used to it.  First thing, you need to have the Now Playing screen up for the room you wish to group with the others.  To do this, swipe up on the room at the bottom, then tap on the room you wish to group to.  Tap again to bring up that room’s Now Playing screen.  Then see this link for instructions on grouping:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

Userlevel 1

Room grouping is a little different with the new app, but you will get used to it.  First thing, you need to have the Now Playing screen up for the room you wish to group with the others.  To do this, swipe up on the room at the bottom, then tap on the room you wish to group to.  Tap again to bring up that room’s Now Playing screen.  Then see this link for instructions on grouping:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  This worked perfectly!  Very much appreciate the swift reply!

I wish I read this first - because now I have grouped the TV setup to the rest of the house and am not receiving TV audio through. The surround system any more. 

how do I get the TV sound back?

On the Home page, scroll down and you will see “TV”.

I think you just have to turn off the TV, wait a minute, then turn it back on. That should tickle the ‘auto play’ function for the TV’s room, unless somehow you’ve explicitly turned that off.