Skip to main content

“We can’t find a Sonos system on <my network>. Make sure your Sonos system is powered on and connected”

All that’s changed is I was forced to update the iOS app to this (garbage) version.

Now I can’t even connect to my system.

Sonos please revert to the old app or at least tell me how I can connect to my existing system before my thousands of dollars of equipment is trashed

I am constantly opening up the app to ‘no products found’. That NEVER happened before! Then you have to go through several steps to find the system. Sometimes it comes right up and others there are steps. As of this morning, it’s not finding my system at all! This app is absolute GARBAGE!! Frustrating loyal customers who have invested many dollars into multiple speakers and boosts, etc. Unbelievable step backward for an app that was supposed to be the best in the industry. FIX THIS!!!

Sonos have changed how devices are found on local networks, and it seems to be problematic for some.

Only the mDNS protocol is used to find speakers now. If you are having problems, please share your router make/model and whether on iOS or Android, so maybe a pattern can be seen.

They used to use the SSDP protocol to find devices, but stopped using that in the v80 app.

Having same issue, have been on the phone with support two days in a row waiting an hour just to get them to answer then an hour troubleshooting. Suppose to be escalating it to level 2 but haven't received email yet. While the apps don't see my system Sonos sees everything. I went to play.sonos.com I can see my system but all I can do is adjust volume on the devices that were playing when the app took a crap on Sunday June 9. I can't turn off any of the devices or change the music or anything else. its like the system if frozen Any body figure out how to fix this yet. just had a Sonos Move 2 delivered today to extend my system but definitely don't want to even try getting that added with the rest of my system down. 

The new app is trash. I can’t find my devices on the app. It looks like everyone is having problems but Sonos have no answers. What a waste of time.

i am having the same problem...cant access my system,,,therefore no point to it...will throw the entire system into the garbage and go back to my old stand alone in house system...i hope sonos goes out of business….

Same problem for me. Just opened the desktop system on MacBook Pro and it is finding my system fine. New mobile app cannot find the system. New mobile app is total garbage

Since the Update to Android 80.04.04 on July 1, 2024, I have started to have this problem where the new Sonos App on my Android (Pixel 6) phone cannot find any products.  When I open the old Sonos S2 App on my old iPad, all of my 32 products are found and the old App works reliably.  What is causing the new App to not see my speakers? The new App was working reliably for me prior to the July 1, 2024 update.

My Android app can’t find my speakers, which I’ve had for years, on the same wi-fi network with the same password as always. What a surprise that Sonos software has a massive glitch that should have been caught by its engineers or its testers, but neither could be bothered. This company and its software development team are an utter joke.

This is how you revert back: