Answered

New Amazon Music User. Error Trying To Use Sonos System...More

• 28 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I just switched to Amazon Music from Spotify. When I try to play music to my Beam 1 / Ones setup I get a verbal error message. Music won't play. Music works fine using the Sonos app. Is there a setting I need to update to use AM directly?

Second question: I was told that in order to play Amazon Music in HD or UHD I must use the Sonos app. True? When I play my music using the Sonos app I only see the HD/UHD notation sporadically, even with playlists of all HD/UHD songs. Occasionally I see the notation appear mid-song. Normal?

icon

Best answer by REBob 29 January 2022, 14:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

In the Alexa app, you need to designate Amazon Music as your default music service.

Badge +1

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that's not the answer. Alexa is set properly. After starting a song I briefly see a connection notification, but then the speaker says "Sorry, I'm having trouble playing your music."

Badge +1

Clarification. If I open Amazon Music while playing music from a verbal command it shows "Connected to Sonos Beam". If I then try to manually start a different song from the AM app I get the verbal error message and the previous song continues. I cannot play a song from the AM app to the Sonos system any way but verbally or from the AM playlists I've added to the Sonos app.

Badge +1

USER ERROR. Spotify had me choosing "Sonos Beam", while Amazon Music wants me to choose "Living Room" (that choice wasn't available in Spotify). All is well.