Skip to main content

I have no idea what is causing it, but my whole Sonos system (two Era 100s, Sonos arc + Sub Mini) is currently a bunch of bricks. 

I wasn’t a fan of the new app, but I still could listen to music.

Then a few days ago started getting random pauses in the music, some speakers dropping off, music stopping altogether. I tried everything in the settings, with networks, etc.

Out of desperation, I figured I’d do a factory reset on everything and just re-build the system from scratch.

I did that, but now I get “error 1,000” or “error 1,105” or whatever and I can’t register the speakers. They just sit there in the Sonos app as “not registered” and I can’t “fix it” because I just get more errors. I’m located in Canada, btw. I’ve seen things about people using VPNs in the US to get around this, but I don’t have US VPN on my router. This shouldn’t matter, this is a broken product if you need to install a VPN on your router.

Sonos is rapidly going from one of my favorite product company to the source of more anger than I’ve had in years. As a music love who spent thousands of these, I’m really seething with rage right now.

I am having the exact same issue here. Just got a new router so I thought I would set them up again. I was stuck on it being the new router issue until I started seeing people like you getting stuck in the exact same situation as me and others. They updated the app 2 days ago for “bug fixes” stating “Improved app connectivity for newly set up Sonos systems.” Yet I am having the same issues still. Did you ever figure out a fix because I will be contacting support tomorrow about the issue. 

I was able to fix it, and I have no idea how. I tried 47 times to do factory resets and start with different speakers. One time I was able to bring back the Arc and it worked. Then I was able to bring back the Sub-Mini and pair it with the Arc.. then the Eras, and now the whole thing works. It seems random, because I didn’t really do anything different than the other times. 

I’m glad it ended up working again, but the whole experience should never have happened in the first place.

Ok, after working fine for a week, problems started again. Music randomly stops, or pauses and restarts. 

It works fine if I play through Airplay (showing me that the connection between the speakers and the internet is strong), but if I use the SONOs app, it’s very unreliable.

This is incredibly frustrating. Sonos should focus 100% on reliability and getting their one job done perfectly before even thinking about anything else, or they’ll destroy the reputation that took them years to build.

New problems. Now sometimes the ARC + Sub-Mini will do a loud popping sound when I’m using the Sonos app, I have no idea why.

They never do when I’m listening to music on Airplay.