Answered

My Sonos station choice loads a different station

• 7 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have a number of Stations from SiriusXM and TuneIn bookmarked in My Sonos on the iPhone S2 app. Occasionally I will choose Station ‘X’, say, and Station ‘Y’ starts playing instead. Station ‘Y’ is always the one most recently listened-to, although it is never currently active when the problem occurs. If I repeatedly try to choose Station ‘X’, it eventually does load after a couple of tries.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, and if so, is it a feature or a bug?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 July 2023, 15:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’d suggest that you have some level of mild wifi interference going on, that is interrupting the command mid stream, so the part that says “play” is getting through, but the part that says “on this station” isn’t. I’d certainly be reading the linked FAQ, and applying as many of those potential solutions as possible. I’d also submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.