Answered

My Sonos message "Sonos doesn't have enough free space" when saving a queue as a playlist"

• 20 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I have 7 Sonos Move speakers, all in “play all together same source” mode and in trying save a playlist I get the message "Sonos doesn't have enough free space" when saving a queue as a playlist". There are no playlists in my Sonos Playlist area except for ones (named but blank) that have been named but not saved to as I try to figure this out.  The mp3 files all come from a hard drive that is connected to a router. I recently replaced the router, re-connected the Network Drive and all is seen by Sonos. My current attempt at a playlist has 8428 .mp3 files so not over a 10k limit etc.

icon

Best answer by controlav 21 April 2024, 20:02

View original

5 replies

Maybe the file metadata is too verbose. I have a NAS folder with 60,000 tracks. The metadata is very short. I have no issues when adding this folder to the Queue.

Buzz, to be clear do you mean the individual track metadata? I took a peek at a few random folders and files and they have their file name, size, title artist, year, but not much else. I appreciate what you write but not sure that’s my issue. And, 60k tracks!? Wow, I’m only at 40k! I think it has something to do with the swapping of my router and then subsequent renaming of the NAS drive which once done I was able to point SONOS to and it saw it  and is currently using it for playback but still won’t allow me to create a play list. My next step is to try a much shorter playlist to see if that somehow works and then continue to grow, but previous to my router swap I’ve had 14k song playlists so it wasn’t an issue previously.. thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There is a hard limit as to the number of Sonos Playlists on the system, but I don’t recall the number. There is a limit of 43? Favorites. How many Sonos playlists do you have?

Plus if your music is on mp3s, create a playlist using your favorite music tool eg as m3u format, save then on your NAS, then Sonos will show them as Imported Playlists, of which there is no practical limit.

controlav, thanks for your response, currently there are zero playlists as I was trying to create one to use. And your workaround was one I’ve thought of as I had previously imported a bunch when first setting up the Sonos system. Still confused as to what changed and having one dedicated playlist as a Sonos Playlist always was the quick pick on weekends, but a workaround keeps me listening thank you!

So tried a one album worth of .mp3 files today and created a playlist. So, now my question becomes where are these “Don’t exist but hold space” other playlists that are using Sonos Operating System space somewhere that need to be deleted. There are none in the Sonos Playlist Area to pick one yet I still get the error… Anyone have any insight as to where they might exist to be manually deleted?