Answered

My Sonos doesn't play whole Album

• 17 September 2023
  • 33 replies

Hi I have several albums saved to ‘My Sonos’ which are from Amazon Music.

When I play an album, it only plays one track and does not continue to play the rest of the album.

This is basic functionality even cassette tapes could achieve in the 1980s.

Please advise how to fix this issue. Note if I search for an album in Amazon Music and play directly (do not save to My Sonos) then it does queue the rest of the album automatically.

I think a lot of customers have this issue, appreciate you fixing in the next app release.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 September 2023, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 7

I have ‘recently played’ switched off and hidden anyway - maybe that’s related in some way?

How did you switch it off?

If I select edit on My Sonos it says some categories cannot be deleted and Recently Played would appear to be one such category.

On first install of the App there is an option to enable, or hide recently played on the ‘My Sonos’ tab… I just chose to hide it. You might have to reset the App to do that, I’m not too sure? I’ve never chosen to use that feature ….and similarly I don’t use recent searches either, but that feature can be enabled/disabled in App Preferences. 

I use the My Sonos > Recently Played section so won’t mess around trying to hide it. Was just curious as never know that was an option for it.

I can’t see that being related to this album playback issue, but maybe one day somebody will get to the bottom of it…

I have ‘recently played’ switched off and hidden anyway - maybe that’s related in some way?

If I select edit on My Sonos it says some categories cannot be deleted and Recently Played would appear to be one such category.

In fact try disabling personalization services in the Sonos App Data & Privacy settings and see if that removes ‘recently played’ - note though you will lose the recently played list if you do so and have to start again.

(edit: I’m not sure it will affect the play/shuffle buttons though either - it’s just a shot in the dark)

Userlevel 7

In fact try disabling personalization services in the Sonos App Data & Privacy settings and see if that removes ‘recently played’ - note though you will lose the recently played list if you do so and have to start again.

(edit: I’m not sure it will affect the play/shuffle buttons though either - it’s just a shot in the dark)

That just cleared it like you said. Also pop-up message confirmed that before I could proceed. It starts to populate again as soon as anything is played.

That just cleared it like you said. Also pop-up message confirmed that before I could proceed. It starts to populate again as soon as anything is played.

Ah okay, I wasn’t sure, looks like an App reset then - but maybe leave it for now and I will see if I can reproduce the issue here at some point and will let you know, 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GregorD 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for reporting this behaviour - we’ve noticed that the Play and Shuffle button (used to play the whole album) are missing when the Album is found with New Search.

Please try the following as a workaround:

• Remove the affected Amazon Music Album from My Sonos
  • Start a new search via Classic Search feature for the Album
  • Re-add the desired Album to My Sonos
  • Use the “Play” or “Shuffle” buttons, if you desire to listen to the whole album

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7

Thanks @Corry P that fixed the issue for me as I previously added the affected albums using the New Search 👍🏼

Ah, that now makes sense, personally speaking, as most of the content of the ‘My Sonos’ tab in my Sonos system was probably put in place before the new search feature was released - I was wondering why I could not reproduce the reported issue. 

Thanks Corey and guys for looking into this. I followed the process and I now have the ‘Play’ album option. Also hope everyone on this thread is. Bob Dylan convert now 🙂