Answered

MY SONOS APP WILL NOT LET ME SIGN IN - PLEASE HELP!

• 29 May 2023
  • 4 replies

• It had been working flawlessly until roughly 2 weeks ago.
  • I can access Sonos website on my laptop using my ID and Password. So no issue with either of those.
  • On my phone app – it will find the system and allow me to only stream Sonos radio stations throughout my various rooms.
  • I cannot access my Apple Music playslists or Sirius/XM
  • I have not changed my router or eero mesh system
  • I have unplugged the router, all eero stations, and the Sonos system (amps etc.) and replugged them in
  • I have removed and reinstalled the Sonos app several times
  • I have checked the settings on the iphone to ensure that Bluetooth, WiFi, Local Network, Background App refresh and Cellular Data are all on.
  • Every time I attempt to sign in with username and password so I can access I get the same 3 screens:
    • SCREEN1 – “Let’s Try that Again – Something went wrong. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet and try again.” <click Try Again button>.
    • SCREEN 2 - “Let’s Try that Again – Something went wrong. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet and try again.” <click Try Again button>.
    • SCREEN 3 “Try Again Later – We’re still having issues. Restart the app, check your internet connection, then try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, contact Sonos Support.”
  • I cannot even get to a screen to enter my username and password.
  • I called Sonos support and have a ticket#- 05013510.  The person on the other end was flummoxed and asked me to unplug my router – which I already had done – but tried again.  Nothing seems to be working. 

I invested a lot of money into my whole house system and chose Sonos because Apple Music and Sirius/XM were native to the platform.  It is extremely frustrating to not be able to stream them.  This problem has persisted for several days – can you please help me?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 May 2023, 00:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

It sounds like there’s been some change that is blocking the ability of your controller device to connect with the speakers, or the speakers from reaching outside of your local network. 

Are you running any VPN, virus protection apps, or port blockers? MS defender is the most recent offender, but there are many others.

How are your speakers connected to your network? Is one wired to the base eero puck, or do they all just hang off the eero Wi-Fi signal?

Yes - I have to run Microsoft Defender on my phone - it is a work requirement - I can’t turn VPN off. IS there a workaround or do I have to get a separate device to run my system now?

The speakers are all wired into the ceiling and then into the Sonos system in the AV closet in the basement.

If you can temporarily turn off Defender, your Sonos should connect properly. Or, contact the folks at MS and ask them when they’re updating their definitions file. There was someone on one of these threads that claimed to be a Defender employee and that they were working on a solution. Certainly, running the Sonos controller on another device that doesn’t have Defender on it would work properly. 

While I use an iOS device most often to control my system, I do use Alexa sometimes, and certainly the Mac desktop client. The desktop apps can’t do setup any more, but they’re great for controlling music playback. 

Thanks much - I was able to sign into the app using my phone - so perhaps Defender update allowed me to do so.