Skip to main content

Hi 

I moved homes and set up (a subset of) my Sonos devices again as a new system.  When I left my previous place I hadn’t disconnected the app / passed on ownership of previous system etc. ie had just packed the hardware and turned up at new place to install.

The products are all working fine but my previously connected music services (Spotify and Apple Music) have disappeared from the app. 
They don’t appear in the app or in the search function. I am on iOS. 

I have tried the following already

1. Reset app
  2. delete and reinstall app
  3. install app on different phone 
  4. try the mac app
  5. shut of system + router and restart
  6. add a new service (thought old ones might just reappear)

I am on the latest app / OS. 

Any one else have a similar issue ? 

Hi @ARTE 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Sorry to hear of the issue you’ve had when moving your system.

You mention the words “new system”. If you reset your products and set them up as a new system, they will not remember anything about the previous system they were on, including any music services you had added.

If, however, you did not reset your products, then it would not have been possible to set them up as a new system, and they should have needed no re-configuration (if at least one of them connected via ethernet cable).

So, did you reset your products? It sure looks like it from the tools I have available.

I hope this helps.

Yes - they were reset but I had left a couple of products behind which were not reset.  So the services never show up in the app.

i have given up on this and I solved it by creating a new Sonos account in the app (losing my playlists etc) but at least it works now.

Hi @ARTE 

If the products that were not reset are not a part of the system, then it is expected that your previously-added music services would be missing.

To be clear, all that the Sonos app remembers is the identity of the system you connected to - all the services, playlists and favourites are stored on the speakers only. If you reset the speakers, the app will not remember anything - all that it ever shows you what it is told to show you by your speakers.

I hope this helps.

Yes but to be clear the problem was the app wasn’t showing the previously added services and I could not search for them to add them to the now reset new system either.  Ie Apple Music and Spotify disappeared from the list of services on device or available to add. 

Hi @ARTE 

Oh - so when adding your desired services, they were not showing in the list of services available? That is a different matter - apologies for the misunderstanding.

The list of services made available to be added to your system is determined by your account location. If services are missing, then it is usually because the address on your account profile is wrong. Please log in at https://login.sonos.com, then click on the My Account (user icon) in the top right and click on Profile. Check your address, and click Edit to adjust if needed. Remember to save the changes. It will typically take up to 15 minutes for the change to reflect in the app. 

Of course, as you have set up a new account, this no longer applies, but should you wish to keep both your systems under one Sonos account again, you could perform these steps, then transfer ownership of your second system back to your first account: Sonos app » System icon » Manage » Transfer System Ownership.

I hope this helps.

Hi. My addresses match on both my Sonos and Spotify accounts.  Why cannot I see Spotify under ‘Add Content Service’ anymore? 

Hi. My addresses match on both my Sonos and Spotify accounts.  Why cannot I see Spotify under ‘Add Content Service’ anymore? 

Did you try re-editing your address in Sonos web profile even though it was correct?

My address looked ok in the profile but I had to re-edit it and wait about 24 hours and the music services then became visible again for adding and was able to add them. (To be sure I changed the address to a different one and then back to a correct country where the services are available).