Music Library WiIl not add

• 13 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I have recently upgraded to a Synology NAS 920+ and transferred my music library, but it will not add and keeps suggesting it is an error 900. I have modified the registry as suggested, but it made no difference.

I can see the music share from a computer using the credentials set up for the Sonos system but cannot set up the music library on either a PC or Apple device?

Update after adding SMB 1 to the NAS I can see the share but get access denied, even though I used the username and password to get to the share?

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @RichardGMusic.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to share your music library with your Sonos ecosystem. I would like to share with you by going through these recommendations to help out.

I would recommend the following basic troubleshooting steps: I would also like to share our guide about how to deal with Error 900 when adding a music library.

1. Reboot the router by unplugging it from power and plugging it back after 10-15 seconds to refresh network connectivity and delete temporary data stored on the router.
  2. Reboot your Sonos devices.
  3. Force close and re-open the Sonos app
  4. Test if the issue persists.

I would also like to suggest the following guides to check if these things would also help fix the issue.

1. I had to change permissions for the folder where my music is stored.  It was set to “Custom,” and I changed it to “Read & Write.”
  2. I then went to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy.  Under “Full Disc Access,” both the Sonos program AND SonosLibraryServer must be allowed.
  3. Finally, the computer name and NetBIOS name must be exactly the same in both System Preferences > Sharing - and in System Preferences > Network > Advanced > WINS.

After that, update the Music Library.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted on the progress.

Thanks,