Skip to main content

Many of my albums show up only as individual songs when I open my Music Library.  This happened within the last week.  Since currently there is no option to rebuild the music library on my OS app I instead went to my MAC OS and Updated the Library that way.  However, this had no effect.  Can anyone recommend a solution?  Very irritating to have to play each song individually instead of just playing the album.  Also, on my SONOS OS app I cannot even figure out how to create a queue.  Did they do away with this in the last update?

Not all of which will be affected, only about 5% of my collection was, and many you will not have played for some time.  So start with those you play most often and do a few at a time.  Hopefully before too long Sonos will get around to fixing the issue.

in heos they are all showing like it should be. I won’t touch it.

Inside my house, I’m using heos, outside sonos

Butchering your tags to avoid the Sonos issue is not the answer, especially if other things access the same files. Mine are effectively shared between Apple Music (local iTunes equivalent only, no subscription), Minimserver (for Naim & Marantz kit) and Sonos. 

Just FYI: This issue appears to have been resolved in Firmware Update 16.4.2.
Ross.

today 10/15/24, spent my 3rd phone call for 1.5 hours to figure out what the problem is. So call and work with Sonos. Playlist -- I need a certain file from apple which to 5 minute call . Then called Sonos and they walked me thru installing  whatever file or they did it . So anything that is on your itune account  you can play thru playlists on phone. All of my music that was not play list is stored by artist on my computer- sonos showed me. So I have to search by artist  then click on that and it will show all the albums that artist has. You can then  click on that album and hit play the album , and it will play as before the update , the entire album as before.

So call and assume it is at least an hour, maybe less if you are lucky.

or just go into itunes music on your computer and see how it is sorted  . If by artist, then you need to go in by artist to access your album. Hope this helps.

This will only work if your albums are not compilations with various artists. Worthless solution