Skip to main content
Question

Music library shows individual songs instead of the album

• 20 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Many of my albums show up only as individual songs when I open my Music Library.  This happened within the last week.  Since currently there is no option to rebuild the music library on my OS app I instead went to my MAC OS and Updated the Library that way.  However, this had no effect.  Can anyone recommend a solution?  Very irritating to have to play each song individually instead of just playing the album.  Also, on my SONOS OS app I cannot even figure out how to create a queue.  Did they do away with this in the last update?

7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have same issue 

Userlevel 1

So far sonos tech support has not been helpful 

Userlevel 1

This Sonos app is going from bad to worse. 

I’m having the same problem identified here. 

It was bad enough having to scroll through a list of albums, considering that I have a collection in excess of 500 albums accumulated over the past 40+ years, but now I’m having to scroll through individual songs on each album. Madness!

If Sonos cannot fix the many issues they are facing with this “new and improved” app, they should allow us to install the old app once more. 

Is there any alternative app that can be used to play music from my NAS over the very expensive but now unused Sonos speakers?

Same here, Music Library is now available in the app, but every song shows up as an individual album. Also on the Windows PC app.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Haven’t noticed this, since my approach is to NOT use this app unless I have to.  I use SonoPhone or the Desktop App or the old app on an unscathed iPad.  However, I just checked my “Ace App”, and I don’t notice this problem after scrolling down through a few dozen albums or when I search an Artist and get Albums returned by the search.  I did update the app about a week ago.  And it displays the disingenuous spin letter from the CEO.

I notice now that my Desktop app wants to “update” and I’m a little afraid to do it. 😐

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

If I search for an Artist and get a list of Albums, there is no apparent way to add them all to the queue, only a Play button.  However, each Album is followed by 3 dots ”...” that allow me to individually add them to the queue: play now, play next, add to end, replace.  Same if I navigate to an Artist and view all their Albums - only can add individual Albums or Songs to the queue, not an entire Artist.  Not great, but certainly an improvement over the initial release of this mangled app.

Haven’t noticed this, since my approach is to NOT use this app unless I have to.  I use SonoPhone or the Desktop App or the old app on an unscathed iPad.  However, I just checked my “Ace App”, and I don’t notice this problem after scrolling down through a few dozen albums or when I search an Artist and get Albums returned by the search.  I did update the app about a week ago.  And it displays the disingenuous spin letter from the CEO.

I notice now that my Desktop app wants to “update” and I’m a little afraid to do it. 😐

It is definitely the desktop app that ruins it. Dont upgrade until fixed.