Skip to main content
Question

Music Library settings not shown after update to S2

• 17 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Just updated to S2. Now I cannot access my Music Library located on an external HD that is connected to the router via USB anymore. The albums still shown under favorites cannot be found anymore (no longer available) and I can not find the menu for the music library setup anymore to refresh or do anything. Clicking on System Settings and then Manage next to my system name does not bring up the menu point neither in the sub menus. 

Did Sonos eliminate the possiblity of playing songs from music libraries on external discs or NAS or what am I doing wrong?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You’re doing nothing wrong but need to wait a month till it’s fully implemented in the new app. 

Thank you. So I guess it will eventually be coming back. I'll have to wait then. However, I do not deem this a very customer friendly policy, forcing the customer to do the update when functionality is still limited. If this would be a additional feature, OK. Anyway thanks for your input. I hope you are right.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thank you. So I guess it will eventually be coming back. I hope you are right.

There’s a lot of us hoping that. 

Very bad treatment towards customers.  Unacceptable and ridiculous behavior without prior warning.  I want back what we have payed for. Very bad treatment towards customers. Unacceptable and ridiculous behavior without prior warning.  Please switch back what we have payed for.

I have numerous issues since the latest evolution of S2. 

Volume laggy by up to 30 seconds but not on my Roam SL

No Music Library sync/update

Can't join rooms to my Roam SL or Join the Roam SL to another room. 

When firing up the app is sometimes says No Products Found, Go to settings. If I quit the app and go back in, it works again. 

A radio station suddenly started playing on my Sonos ONE ans I have never played that station before. 

And lots of other side issues..…

What a train wreck