Answered

Music Library on USB disk with MacOS Ventura not working

• 30 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi

For some years I have had my Music Library on a NAS, but that one is scrapped now, and I want to have my Music Library on an 1TB USB3 connected M.2 drive on my M1 Mini. I have my Apple Music on the same disk (different folder of course), and this is working well.

Shared folder added to Sonos Controller is: /Volumes/Ext_M1_1TB/MusicExt 

The folder is shared for Sonos as Custom.

When I Scan, nothing seems to happen. I have tried to have the app open for some hours to see if it was scanned, but the Music Library in the App keeps empty.

Any ideas?

br Lars

icon

Best answer by Corry P 31 October 2022, 10:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @larsras05 

Thanks for your post!

Please try these steps from our No tracks from Mac USB drive in Sonos music library help page:

1. Open System Preferences on your Mac.
  2. Click on Security > Privacy.
  3. Under the Privacy tab, click on Full Disk Access.
  4. Check the box next to Sonos Library Server.
  5. Open the Sonos app.
  6. Update your music library by going to Manage > Update Music Library Now.

Navigate back to Music Library menu under the Select a Music Source section, and you will now be able to browse your library.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, yes that worked.

And I see you have to read up on how MacOS Ventura System Settings is organised now ;-)

br

I’m still confused by the changes, too….and I’m an old hand at iOS. Just not happy about those changes that Apple made to the MacOS.  But that’s me :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @larsras05 

Glad to hear it! Thanks for updating the thread.

I’ll let someone know the steps have changed - thank you.

Hi there

I have a similar problem: just trying to add a music library from my Mac. I tried all advice on so many forums, incl yours, but still keep getting the pop-up:

Sonos was unable to add the music folder
The computer “Macbook-pro van ...” cannot be found.

and there is a notification saying ‘Background items Added’

any further advice?

thanks
Peter

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Pete Nice 

Please try removing the hyphen (-) from your computer’s network name (local hostname):

https://support.apple.com/en-ke/guide/mac-help/mchlp2322/mac

Once done, reboot the computer and try adding the shared music path to Sonos once more.

I hope this helps.