Answered

Music Library not complete

• 2 March 2024
  • 5 replies

In the last week, I noticed that my Sonos music library is incomplete and missing items on the PC app. I re-scan the drive and it all reappears only to disappear after the next overnight scanning. I re-scan and all the items reappear etc. Also, on my iPhone on “My Sonos” main page for the mobile app I can see many items but when I pick them, I get a message similar to “items not available” etc though I don’t have the proper language as I just completed a re-scan.. All my speakers are Sonos Moves though that would have nothing to with these issues..

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 3 March 2024, 08:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Do a reindex, confirm all tracks are present and submit a diagnostic. Note the number provided.

When you notice things missing submit another diagnostic and contact Sonos support with both diagnostic numbers.

They can see internal data we users can’t.

Stanley, thank you, as a an additional note, the message on my iPhone is “No Selections are available” just to add this all this.

So it’s my PC Sonos App for missing items and that message when I try to search on my phone and play from there. I assume the iPhone message is because I have chosen items, though in my original music library are no longer there in the Sonos music scan but are in the original folder and exist and, are playable away from Sonos...

I will submit diagnostics and thank you..

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I think you are correct on why you are getting the “missing” error, I get that a lot from Amazon Music as they rename things and break the My Sonos links to them.

Badge

I have not seen anything added to “Music Library” since January...I’m connecting to a Seagate NAS, which has been in play for the six or seven years that I’ve been using Sonos.

I can see the files on the server, in the cloud and on the Samsung S23 I use in the car so its not a problem with the devices I have other than Sonos.

I have re-indexed regularly over the past couple of months thinking I could crack the problem .and today even added the host HP All-in-One files that I rip CD’s and download to...still not seeing anything added since January so its definitely not the IT…

I think there is a problem here that is getting worse across a number of user systems?

Hi, I ended up re-booting everything from Router to NAS etc. and I finally was able to get all to index. during this issue, I would index and it would complete in less than 5 mins, and be incomplete. Once I rebooted all it took over 30mins to index and therefore I knew all was back.