Answered

Music Library missing some songs from newly purchased album

• 19 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I bought an album this week from the iTunes store with 54 tracks.  All of the files are in the same folder, but only 38 appear in my Sonos Music Library.  When I buy music, I copy it to a flash drive plugged into my router which is what Sonos accesses.  All 54 files are the same type (m4a) and there are about 7,500 files in my library.  I’ve selected “update music library now” multiple times.  I’m using S2.  This is very frustrating.  Any ideas?  Please help!

icon

Best answer by ClausN 19 December 2020, 05:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The missing files may be corrupted. I myself had a similar issue some days ago; deleting and re-downloadning the files resolved it.

Another possibility could be meta data error.

Yeah, This issue was also the same as my Music Library. 

Fortunately, I found on play store**** which provides a free cloud-based storage locker service that is both very easy to use and, more importantly, compatible with Sonos. 

Using this app, I can manage and stream my personal music library everywhere. $5 for unlimited streaming & storage is a killer deal.

Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks

Nova

Blatant plug and irrelevant to the thread.  Breaks Community rules.  I hope everyone ignores it until it is removed by Sonos. I have flagged.

*Moderator edit: removed inappropriate link from quoted text.

Badge

@John B I apologize I have post the reply in a hurry. I will read more carefully in the future.

@ChiGuy121 There are few reasons why tracks or albums might be missing from your Sonos music library. Below are some steps you can take to resolve this issue.

• Update your music library
  • Make sure your files are in the right place
  • Check how many tracks are in your library
  • Check if your music files are protected by DRM
  • Make sure your music files aren’t missing metadata

Want to know in detail Click here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4880?language=en_US 

You can use this method as well If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library. Make sure that your devices have the latest version of iOS, iPad, macOS, or iTunes for Windows. Make sure that Sync Library is turned on for all of your devices. Connect all of your devices to the Internet.

Thanks
Nova