Skip to main content
Answered

Music Library does not index foreign language files and folders

• 11 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I have files and folders with Korean in the names. When I add the music library and re-index, it only finds songs with English names only. Is there any way that Sonos music library indexes foreign language support (e.g. UTF-8)

Or, I have Synology NAS with built in media server. I read that DLNA is not officially supported by Sonos but if there is anyone who uses DLNA to play music from NAS library?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Make sure you are running the latest Sonos software, 13.3 or newer as that release fixed an earlier bug.

If you still see it after a reindex using the latest software: Do a manual index and when it finishes submit a diagnostic. Copy the number that gives you and contact Sonos Support (here works) with the number and they will look into the problem.

Hi Stanley_4,

Thank you for your answer. The songs are now imported but it still does not display the song names correctly, instead “??_??”. Is foreign language currently supported also?

Regards,

Bryan