Skip to main content
Question

music library

• 14 June 2024
  • 2 replies

My music library disappeared from the sonos app.   It does not even appear under Sources. So now I seem to have a worthless system.  

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure you aren’t using the SMBv1 or HTTP file sharing protocols as Sonos no longer supports this. The app is pretty buggy, so you can also try restarting the app a few times to see if “Music Library” pops up under “Your Sources”. If this doesn’t work, try downloading the Sonos desktop controller on a Mac or PC and remove and re-add your music library through the desktop app.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Make sure you aren’t using the SMBv1 or HTTP file sharing protocols as Sonos no longer supports this. The app is pretty buggy, so you can also try restarting the app a few times to see if “Music Library” pops up under “Your Sources”. If this doesn’t work, try downloading the Sonos desktop controller on a Mac or PC and remove and re-add your music library through the desktop app.

Pretty buggy is an understatement.  I’ve found that I frequently lose access to the music library if I leave my Wi-Fi range and/or log into a different network and then return to my own.  If I reset the app, it will almost always reappear.  YMMV