Question

music library

• 4 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Have library on WD NAS drive. Sonos can nonlonger find it. I've rebooted drivecand router several times, no joy. I have deleted then readded the library in the app. I have then trued deletting and replacing the library by putting it on a usb. This partially indexes but not fully. Any ideas for next steps? Sinos streams fine and plays from.phone as usual.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Roughstones.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Are you getting any error code/message or there are missing tracks or albums in the Sonos music library?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

It’s rather likely that a recent software update from WD in your NAS turned off access via SMB (Samba) v1. It would be worth the time to look at the settings in the WD software to make sure it is still enabled.