Question

Music library

• 28 October 2020
  • 8 replies

When I try to access my music library I get the following message-”can’t connect to lenovo pc because server can’t be found”

I ca access my music services like xm, pandora, but not my pc.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Is your Lenovo PC turned off, or ‘sleeping’? That would be the normal message when the Sonos speakers are unable to reach the hard drive to read the information.

I suppose it could also be a VPN or firewall issue, too. 

It goes from my pc to sonos boost to sonos connect to play through my receiver.

It may be a problem with Orbi but I can access my services

Thanks for replying

You haven’t answered my question. 

sorry pc was on

Hmmm, ok. The next questions would be:

1. Is your PC connected to the same subnet as your controller device?
  2. Do you have the controller running on your PC, or just a mobile device?
  3. Is this an S1 or S2 system?
  4. Do you have a Sonos device wired to the base hub of your Orbi, or is your system completely connected to your WiFi?
  5. Have you tried deleting the link to the library, a d then reading it?
  6. Does your link to the library on the PC work by IP address, or PC name?
  7. Have you tried to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

This is how my system is set up.

Orbi connected to ATT modem/router via ethernet cable

Sonos boost connected to orbi via ethernet cable

Sonos connect is connected to my receiver so it can play throughout the house

Link to library is by pc name

This is S2 system

I have not tried deleting library

The system was initially set up for my universal remote which is how I turn on Sonos. once turned on I control it from my phone.  

I checked my windows 10 network and security settings and made required changes

Have not tried submitting diagnostic

Appreciate all your help

Ok, I see several potential issues.

Have you turned off DHCP on the AT&T router?  You shouldn’t be running both routers with DHCP at the same time.

Is your PC connected to the Orbi with a cable? Or is it connected to the WiFi signal? Or is it connected to the AT&T device in some manner?

I’d definitely try deleting the library link inside the Sonos controller, and then adding it back in.

But at the end of the day, I would highly recommend that you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the number here.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. They’ll have access to much better info in the diagnostic, and be able to give you more concrete help than I can, with the side benefit of not having a ‘conversation’ taking days to complete. 

Not sure what DHCP is

PC not connected to Orbi with cable

Will need to check if pc connected to ATT its been a wile since it was set up

How do I delete the library link inside sonos

Do I send a system diagnostic from my phone or the pc

Thanks for the help