Skip to main content

How much did you get paid by the streaming apps to disable our music folder?

If you mean local libraries, local libraries have not been removed or disabled.  Read the forums around possible causes of issues you might be having, such as those to do with SMBv1.

How much did you get paid by the streaming apps to disable our music folder?

This release is bad enough without escalating it into conspiracy land.  As @Andrew-s states, local libraries have not been removed or disabled. 

Sonos phrases it this way- “Sonos was unable to add the shared folder”. My music folder was REMOVED from the Sonos app, it is unable to be reconnected(disabled).

How would you phrase it?

Would you actually put anything beyond Patrick Spence and his gang?

Sorry to spoil the conspiracy theory, but it seems to be a temporary loss:

Or, as already posted, it’s an SMB issue, where v1 support has been dropped. 

Sonos phrases it this way- “Sonos was unable to add the shared folder”. My music folder was REMOVED from the Sonos app, it is unable to be reconnected(disabled).

How would you phrase it?

You should contact Sonos support as they will help you get it set back up or advise if you need to buy new nas hardware. If you have a computer you could use that, they should have some help docs or something prepared by now. Be prepared to wait or make multiple attempts as they are getting slammed. Or better yet wait a month or two (or less) until things get back to normal

If you mean local libraries, local libraries have not been removed or disabled.  Read the forums around possible causes of issues you might be having, such as those to do with SMBv1.

If smbv1 doesn’t work anymore then you might pay for apple music  just a thought 😜🙃

Android here. How does paying for Apple Music get me access to my music server desktop?

Win11 computer worked fine with gold Sonos. I lost access with Black Death Sonos.

Well then this thought might not apply to you. I think they sometimes do away with things so we have to buy sthing else….

i like your naming it black death sonos lol

You would think the logo is something they WOULDN’T screw up.