Move connected to tv by Bluetooth…but no sound

• 8 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Connected my Move to my Sony tv by Bluetooth and shows connected….but Move doesn’t produce any sound. I turned off the tv and the Move to reset  and still nothing. I see where others are having the same issue. Lots of money spent on a Bluetooth speaker that does not produce sound. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have a set of Bluetooth headphones that I don’t enjoy. They connect to my W10 PC OK, but the iPad can be quite an adventure. I often have no sound from one or more Apps and the iPad sometimes gets so upset that I must close the Bluetooth connection before I can get any sound from the iPad’s own speakers after there’s a spat of some sort. Rebooting and reconnecting the Headset is usually required.

When sending iPad audio via Bluetooth to ROAM, ROAM will sometimes become so fed up with the iPad nonsense that it will drop the Bluetooth connection, but I’ve never needed to reboot ROAM.

Overall I’m not buying into the idea that it’s a Bluetooth world because it seems rather unreliable. I use the headphones because of the ambient noise cancellation feature.

Userlevel 7

Hi

Check the sound output settings on your Sony TV and make sure it’s set to external speaker or whatever the Sony menu uses to identify that sound should not go through its internal speaker or another connection. Just because the Sony shows it’s connected to the Move doesn’t mean the output is directed to the Move.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi

Check the sound output settings on your Sony TV and make sure it’s set to external speaker or whatever the Sony menu uses to identify that sound should not go through its internal speaker or another connection. Just because the Sony shows it’s connected to the Move doesn’t mean the output is directed to the Move.

It worked the other day. In fact I had sound from the tv and the Move. But today.. no sound. All output settings are correct. 

I’d still be checking the settings on the TV, followed by a reboot of both devices. It’s entirely possible there may have been a firmware update to the TV that borked the settings. 

Rather than attempting to use a TV’s embedded Bluetooth transmitter, I think that you’ll have better success with an external transmitter. The internal transmitter is too bound up with the TV’s operating system trying to manage things. The dumb transmitter has only one life. I’m fussing with an A/V receiver that includes a Bluetooth transmitter and it’s a mess. There are all sorts of quirks, including periodic mutes. Sure, you can configure this or that and get it working for a while, but then something blinks and I’m back to fussing again. A similar receiver that ignores the internal Bluetooth and uses a cheap, single purpose external Bluetooth transmitter just works.