Answered

Most radio stations are fine, but Sonos Cruise Control drops constantly

• 13 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Our system will play most radio stations perfectly well. All day long, no problem. 

Except for Sonos Cruise Control … which drops the conenction about every 30 minutes. It goes quiet for about 10 seconds then re-connects and carries on - until the next time. it will do this all day long, day after day. But only on this one channel. 

Does anyone have any ideas? (yes, I know its probably easier just to listen to something else, but the Mrs seems to prefer Cruise Control to anything else) 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 April 2023, 10:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @CrunchieDog 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I tested the station on my own system for one hour without hearing any interruptions from Elton John et al.

While I don’t know why this one station could be causing problems for you while others are fine, it doesn’t seem to be a problem with the station itself.

Given this, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - the cause of the dropouts should be discernible.

I hope this helps.

I used to listen to Cruise Control but I no longer can locate it, not even with the search button.

What did Sonos support say when you contacted them, as suggested in the 11 month old post immediately before yours?