Answered

Mixing tv sound and music, possibility?

• 20 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Watching FIFA football and would like to have some sort of mixer bar that would let me mix levels of TV football commentary ( when I think I need to) to the music my wife is listening on the home theatre hooked to the TV and then back again. Or is this feature out there just not understood by me?

thanks

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 21 November 2022, 18:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

If you are looking for a way to quickly change the EQ and audio settings, there currently isn’t a quick way to do it in the Sonos app. But if you use an iOS device, you can use the Soro app in conjunction with Apple’s Shortcuts app and create shortcuts and automations for preset EQ and audio settings. I use Soro to create presets for TV, music, and movies. I can switch to each setting with a single tap on my phone or by using Siri.

https://apps.apple.com/lc/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

thanks for the info GuitarSuperstar, I’ll have a look at Soro. Was hoping the Sonos software was able to do this.

thanks for the info GuitarSuperstar, I’ll have a look at Soro. Was hoping the Sonos software was able to do this.

If you are hoping to mix two different inputs to Sonos so that the music input mixes with the TV input, you will be disappointed.  Sonos can only play one source at a time.  

If you are hoping to mix two different inputs to Sonos so that the music input mixes with the TV input, you will be disappointed.  Sonos can only play one source at a time.  

There are various karaoke mixing devices that can take in an HDMI input, add audio from an external source (like a microphone or RCA input) add output HDMI with both audio streams in it.  You’re going to have a reduction in audio/video quality though, it wouldn’t be something you’d want setup permanently.  Honestly, your better off just adding a separate Sonos room/speaker in the same physical room and playing them both at the same time.