Answered

Missing product in mobile app

• 15 March 2023
  • 1 reply

My playbar/sub has dropped from the mobile app, but is still present in the PC desktop app. I've removed/reinstalled the app, factory reset the playbar/sub, and readded to the system. It's visible until I close the mobile app, then it's gone again  but still visible on the desktop app. This very frustrating! Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 15 March 2023, 15:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Stop factory resetting the units.  Factory resetting is only necessary when instructed by Sonos support staff, and is only useful if an update has bricked the unit.  Factory resetting an entire system wipes out all data; services, playlists, favorites, account info, etc., and also wipes out any diagnostic info Sonos could use to help you out.  

Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems.  The  typical cause is duplicate IP addresses.  These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device.  To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next.