Skip to main content

Missing Music Library

• 27 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Like many the ability to access or even add my music library has vanished. I have read that Sonos know of this problem as it's a bug in the new app update. I've also read that they're going to fix it in mid June, this is just not good enough. It needs fixing now.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

It really does. I know their focus has been on streaming and they’ve dropped caring about the music library, but I am often remote with a music library being my only source of music on the road. Sonos has always taken their time with fixes, but with so many problems across almost all users you’d think they’d step up their game.

Like many the ability to access or even add my music library has vanished. I have read that Sonos know of this problem as it's a bug in the new app update. I've also read that they're going to fix it in mid June, this is just not good enough. It needs fixing now.

The code hasn’t been written yet — bear in mind that this is a complete rewrite of the app, so the code has to be written.   They can’t release something that they don’t yet have. 

The code hasn’t been written yet — bear in mind that this is a complete rewrite of the app, so the code has to be written.   They can’t release something that they don’t have. 

Its a bug or a missing feature? To take away a feature in a new version is just poor practice. I can understand it being a bug, but to not be there at all? That can’t be right… where did you read this?

The code hasn’t been written yet — bear in mind that this is a complete rewrite of the app, so the code has to be written.   They can’t release something that they don’t yet have.  And your next argument is probably going to be something like, they shouldn’t have released it until it was finished.  And everyone is in agreement with that including me.   The thing is this has now be stated literally hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of time elsewhere.  The reality of the situation is not going to change.

The code hasn’t been written yet — bear in mind that this is a complete rewrite of the app, so the code has to be written.   They can’t release something that they don’t have. 

Its a bug or a missing feature? To take away a feature in a new version is just poor practice. I can understand it being a bug, but to not be there at all? That can’t be right… where did you read this?

Again they didn’t take away any features, as a new app, the ‘missing bits’ have not yet been written.

local library access has never been taken away, and it was available on day 1 of the new apps release.  Many people are not seeing their local libraries and this could be down for to various issues, the primary one being that their library is on a store using SMBv1 protocols.

Setting up or altering the path of a local library is ‘missing’ in the new app, to be added in June.  This  functionality remains in the legacy desktop app and iis also present in the webapp.

Thanks for that. My home system has the S1 stuff still. The RV kit is all S2. 

Just tried to access my music library and as others have noted, it is missing from this update. If it is true that the code hasn’t been written yet, then the bigger question is WHY ISSUE AN UPDATE THAT REMOVES A FEATURE INSTEAD OF WAITING UNTIL THE UPDATE IS TESTED AND PROVEN TO BE COMPLETELY FUNCTIONAL?

There doesn’t even seem to be a means to access streaming services or radio stations that were available previously. And, of course, “my favorites” are missing or inaccessible because of the missing search button.