Skip to main content
Question

Missing content on new version of Sonos app

• 9 May 2024
  • 5 replies

I am using my Sonos Beam. It looks like a new  version of the Sonos app was automatically downloaded to my phone last night

(it's now black instead of gold). In the new version, the app does not seem to be finding "Recently Played" or other things like playlists that I have set up on Sonos. If you look at the screenshot below, you can see gray squares and lines where it looks like content is supposed to be but apparently is not getting pulled in. Seems like I need to connect something, but not sure what.

I am still able to get to Amazon Music and my Amazon Music playlists, but I cannot see the playlists I created on Sonos itself (on the old app there was a star that I could click for that). I know there is currently an issue with Amazon Music, but I don’t seem to be having any problem getting to Amazon Music.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Burt

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem. My app auto updated and now the Sonos app shows no content services and I'm unable to therefore play anything from the app itself. 

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue .  Has this been acknowledged by this terrible company yet ? 

Any idea how to fix. 

Sonos has lost a lot of goodwill with this update.  This problem does not get mentioned enough .  But we are not alone.

I have playlists built up over years and it was one thing keeping me in the sonos ecosystem.  If this is not resolved then the company may just have made it easier for me to leave.

My screenshot of empty sad grey boxes to add to the pile.

I have a similar problem on both my iPad and Samsung Galaxy phone. Neither device will let me play music from My Music which is on my NAS drive and available from SONOS on the PC. All devices are logged in with the same account credentials.

I can, however, play music from streaming services. Feels like SONOS is in cahoots with them and just want to spend money my money. They seemed similarly motivated when a speaker stopped working. “No, you can’t repair it.”, they said.”Just buy another one”.

Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem. My app auto updated and now the Sonos app shows no content services and I'm unable to therefore play anything from the app itself. 

Same issue here. On iPad latest OS version. Sonos app also on latest. Since app update Sources is now empty even though speakers are playing correctly and when using desktop app on PC it shows sources. Issue seems specifically related to iPad in my scenario.

Userlevel 1

I have same issue, cannot find a decent answer anywhere to resolve it. Problem on 2 android phones. 

The content loads for about 15 seconds and then goes like screenshot above.

Can only select music or stations by searching or using controller on laptop...frustrating to say the least.

Any help would be appreciated, must be app related all products  show and can be controlled.