Skip to main content
Question

Missing album covers and can't play/add music from NAS - New App (80.05.06) on Android

• 23 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I have a problem in new app on Android (ver. 80.05.06 - but this problem is from the very beginning of this new app). 

The problem is with albums on Synology NAS connected to Sonos. 

1. no album covers (on iPad is ok)

2. in Favorites/Albums no covers too and I can’t play music
    this is how it looks on iPad and everything works fine.

3. I can’t add music/albums from my NAS to Favorites, ther’s an error occured - Wystąpił błąd (on iPad it works fine)

I’m waiting from update to updated but nothing new.

I can play music from NAS but directly from NAS.

Does anyone have similar problems? Any solutions?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This explains some of what you see (from The New Sonos App and Future Feature Updates | Sonos Community):

A few notes about Local Music Library Functionality.

Fixes for all of the following issues will be addressed in future updates. Appreciate your patience!

• After adding/removing a share, there can be a delay during reindexing where it’s not clear that Music Library indexing is happening, and some leftover elements of a removed share can still show up during reindexing. Be patient - it is in fact, still indexing. 
  • Music Library Search is not accessible in the controller without access to the Internet.
  • Local Music Library will not work for alarms.

Again, these are features and functionality that will be coming back in future updates.

Additional things to consider specifically on Android:

• The “More” menu, Play Now and Play Next options may fail with "something went wrong" for local library content. Local Music Library albums are also currently unable to be favorited. 
  • When a new library share is added, it doesn't appear in the music library settings page. The share does appear if you dive into Music Library > Folders. It may appear if the share disappears after closing/reopening the app, but the share is successfully added.

Things to consider specifically on iOS:

• No album art of Albums in Sonos Favorites

It’s not lost on me that delivering Local Music Library functionality with these issues isn’t ideal. However, in the spirit of transparency, myself and the team want to be sure you understand the current state of Music Library functionality and that all of the above considerations will be fixed in future updates.

Also - please continue sharing your feedback and concerns. It’s because of your feedback that we’ve recently started to bring more and more information to our release notes - anyone remember “bug fixes and improvements”? It takes consistent and meaningful effort to change opinions and win back trust. It won’t happen overnight and I appreciate every comment and DM you’ve sent while we try to do just that.