Answered

MediaMonkey Server -> Sonos - can only select one track

• 8 May 2021
  • 1 reply

I’ve seen a couple of older posts on this topic with no apparent resolution, so not holding my breath but hoping there’s a hack to get this working:

I run MediaMonkey version 4, which can act as a UPnP server.  I have that enabled, and can “see” the server in my Sonos system, and access its content.  Problem is, in the Sonos app (S2 on android tablet) when you pull up an album or a playlist - anything with more than one track - you can only select one at a time to add to the play queue.  There is no option to select “play now” for anything except a single track.  Obviously not a useful user interface.

Yes, there are other ways to skin this cat (e.g. replace the MediaMonkey server with the Sonos app on the computer with the music library), but then I lose direct access to the playlists in MM.  So would really like to get this working, and can’t believe someone hasn’t figured this out…

Any info appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 May 2021, 14:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kvon1 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I was able to reproduce this behaviour on my own system - it seems there’s no fault with yours.

UPnP playback is unsupported by Sonos. The feature is there, but it hasn’t really been worked on. This is why there no guides on our website for the use of UPnP.

Can you try using Windows Media Player to see if that gives better results? Be sure to activate Media Streaming.

Personally, I suggest exporting your MediaMonkey playlists to files in the music folder, then index that folder to Sonos Music Library and play from there in the Sonos app.