Answered

Managing two different locations using same app

• 8 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I have Sonos in two houses (A and B) and separate equipment. I want the two houses with the same app and I have understood this should be working automatically after setup depending on which WiFi I am connected to.

But it doesn’t work in the last step and I don’t understand what to do to make it work (and I am also not sure if I have done the first two steps correctly). This is the situation:

1. I have set up a Sonos system in house A using iPhone with Sonos Account A (I have both an iPad and a Macbook there and they also work fine).
  2. I have then taken my iPhone to house B and created a Sonos Account B, factory reset my Sonos products there and everything is working fine.
  3. When I go back to house A again and connect to that WiFi the Sonos app doesn’t work - what should be done in this last step?

Thanks in advance!

Klas

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 December 2022, 10:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think the mistake was using two Sonos accounts. Sonos is able to have more households under one account. Then the switch between households should go well.

Ok, sounds good, how to add a second household to account A? 

Actually it now seems to work if I close the app entirely when leaving one house and then starting the app when I am at the other house. However, if I always need to exit the app when moving between houses it will not be good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KlasW 

Ok, sounds good, how to add a second household to account A? 

Actually it now seems to work if I close the app entirely when leaving one house and then starting the app when I am at the other house. However, if I always need to exit the app when moving between houses it will not be good.

In house B, please perform the following steps:

Steps

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Tap Transfer System Ownership and follow the prompts.
  4. When asked for a new email, use the email that house A is configured to use

You then shouldn’t need to restart the app when moving between locations.

I hope this helps.