Answered

Major issues with ios 15.2 app

Sonos iOS app 15.2 is unusable. It will not connect to music services or system updates. I have a spare Android device and downloaded v15.2. No issues. Can connect fine on same network. Updated my system that way. Sonos support had me reset network and Sonos devices. It’s the app. The app is flawed. If you’re experiencing similar issues please provide feedback to Sonos. This has to be fixed asap. 

icon

Best answer by Blackhawk22 30 March 2023, 05:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

I’m not experiencing any issues whatsoever on 3 iOS devices, all running S2 with 15.2. All of my iOS devices are updated to iOS 16.4 in both iPad and iPhone versions. Not that it matters, but I’m also connected via the Mac client, which was also updated. 

You don’t have any VPNs, or work setups, or even virus protection programs running on that iOS device, perchance?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have experienced a huge Day-1 disappointment with the Era 300s, and once again Sonos’ software engineering seems to be to blame.

15.2 (obviously, needed for Era 300) and iOS 16.2. It is also broken on my iPad running a similar OS version.

The Era 300 does not work with the standout Atmos feature when playing known Atmos-enabled songs via the Sonos app.

You can tell the app is broke because various toggles are also broken. On my Era 300, I am unable to:

• Set a volume limit (it is hardstuck to 100%)
  • Adjust the Spatial Audio toggle (it is hardstuck on, but as above, it also doesn’t work at all anyway)
  • Adjust the Bluetooth idle disconnect feature (it is hardstuck on)

Other toggles like EQ and status lights do work.

Interestingly if you sign out of your account in the app, the broken toggles I mentioned all require signed-in account to use. The ones which can be used with no account signed in, are also the ones that work perfectly fine when I am signed in.

We have not ‘yet’ upgraded our iOS devices to iOS 16.4. The Wife and I are still using iOS 16.3.1 but certainly no issues seen here, latest Sonos App is working fine on iPhone XR, iPhone SE, iPad 10 and iPad Pro - also working on a Windows 10 PC and an unbranded Android tablet. I will update the iPhone XR to iOS 16.4 and report back.

I did just update an iPhone XR and my iPad Pro to iOS/iPadOS 16.4 and the latest S2 App is still working fine here with our Sonos setup, All speakers show up and seem to be working okay, but the setup does not include the new Era 300, so can’t comment on the matters mentioned by @Sheza, but everything else is otherwise working here with the latest S2 App v15.2 build 72239150.

I’m not experiencing any issues whatsoever on 3 iOS devices, all running S2 with 15.2. All of my iOS devices are updated to iOS 16.4 in both iPad and iPhone versions. Not that it matters, but I’m also connected via the Mac client, which was also updated. 

You don’t have any VPNs, or work setups, or even virus protection programs running on that iOS device, perchance?

Ok. Good to hear. Strange as I tried my iPad, iPhone and Mac clients. I can see my speakers. That’s not the issue. I just can’t load existing or set up new, music services. Also can’t perform update checks. Also running latest 16.4

No VPN set up running on the device. Zero issues on Android OS.

Ok. Good to hear. Strange as I tried my iPad, iPhone and Mac clients. I can see my speakers. That’s not the issue. I just can’t load existing or set up new, music services. Also can’t perform update checks. Also running latest 16.4

As a test I just removed Deezer from the iPhone Sonos App and it let me re-add that music service. I was also able to check for updates. Screenshots attached. 

Userlevel 7

Like @Airgetlam and @Ken_Griffiths I’m not experiencing any issues neither with my iPhone 12 (iOS 16.4) nor on my Mac Studio (MacOS 13.2.1). Need to update my Mac 😊. 

Edit: This weekend I’ll get to install/test my Era 300’s and 100’s. Yipeee!!!

I have an update for anyone who might be having similar issues. I reset all network settings on my iPhone. And just like that, my Sonos app is back online with full access to music services. I’ve had various Sonos speakers for over a decade and never encountered this issue. Previous network issues were local. Anyway, after days of troubleshooting, couple of Sonos support chats, reset network settings did the trick. Cheers. Happy listening. 

UPDATE - Do not update your HomeKit back-end architecture as it will break Sonos 15.2 app functionality on iOS and iPad OS. After days of testing and troubleshooting, it turns out that after I updated my HomeKit system that was part of 16.4 release, it “broke” Sonos app connectivity to music services, account access and updates. 

my previous workaround (reset network settings) worked for just a few minutes.

Team Sonos, pls provide an updated version of the app that works with the new HomeKit architecture. 

thx

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

My iPhone at 15.2.1 appears to work just fine. My MacOS crashes every time I try the update….and does not appear to “see” the installed 14.16 version.

My iPhone at 15.2.1 appears to work just fine. My MacOS crashes every time I try the update….and does not appear to “see” the installed 14.16 version.

Remove/uninstall the current App and reinstall it from the Sonos downloads page here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads

On launching the newly installed App, if prompted, connect it back to the ‘existing’ system and perhaps see if that works for you.