Magic Auckland Radio

• 29 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Why has my Sonos Port stopped playing Magic Radio Auckland 100.6 FM .. all the other Magic Stations in NZ seem to work ok through it.

6 replies

What streaming company was it playing on? Is it possible they’ve moved from one to another? Have you contacted them to find out why?

Yes good comment thanks, the streaming company is “Tunein” and I see that Magic Auckland is no longer on their local Auckland list, but Magic Wellington is if I change that to my local, so I have been able to get a work around going and load that one in my Favorite's. Somebody mentioned that it may be a licensing issue with Magic Auckland not fronting up with the payment to Tunein as they charge by the demographic area and Auckland has the biggest population and therefore more $s required? 

I honestly have no idea about any financial arrangements there might be.

However, it’s possible that Magic Auckland just moved to another streaming company, like myRadio, iHeart Radio, or another, which is why I recommended checking with the radio station directly. Sometimes they’ll even post something on the website, but not always. But if they have a normal internet stream, you could also follow the instructions on the setting up an internet radio station FAQ. 

Thank you, I did communicate on their Facebook page before Xmas, but no reply. I will have another go via different channels.

Their person responsible for responding is likely out for the holidays. Good luck!

👍