Answered

MacOS won't let me update Sonos controller

• 15 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

I’ve got an M1 iMac and M1 Macbook Pro running Ventura and neither one will let me update the Sonos controller. The controller prompts me to update it, it downloads, starts installing and then fails.  Anyone having this problem?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 December 2022, 22:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Try deleting the Sonos controller completely, then go to the Sonos website and download the new version, and install it. 

Apple’s made some changes that Sonos hasn’t gotten ironed out yet. There’s a few threads out there about this, including one that suggests a permissions change that fixes the issue, I just don’t remember where it is off hand, but if you use the search feature, or better yet, Google (more reliable than the forums, IMHO) you should find the thread. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Deleted it and reinstalled it and it works. Thanks :)

Has this been fixed yet?  I am afraid to try doing an update because I was locked out for a few weeks - SO FRUSTRATING.

Sonos, please inform your customers when compatibility between the Sonos app and a Mac using Ventura OS has been restored.

SJ

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Has this been fixed yet?  I am afraid to try doing an update because I was locked out for a few weeks - SO FRUSTRATING.

Sonos, please inform your customers when compatibility between the Sonos app and a Mac using Ventura OS has been restored.

SJ

Delete the Sonos controller from your Mac. Download it again from the Sonos site and reinstall it. Worked for me.

Indeed, as explained in this thread: 

Sonos seems to have some effort to expend here.