Skip to main content
Answered

MacOS 13.2.1 and External SSD

• 23 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I am using an intel iMac with MacOS Ventura 13.2.1. I installed the Sonos S2 app and my library is on an external SSD. The Apple Music app accesses music from the drive fine. When I try to set the drive as source for Sonos is says some settings need to change and directs me to open settings. When I put in the password it says it is not correct. I know the password is correct and I can go into settings and change things with it. I have been on calls with Apple and Sonos and no-one has been able to help. They had me change some permissions and sharing settings to no avail.  Has anyone had this problem and found a work around or solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Maybe check the external drives ‘partition’ format - see this link: 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/shared-folder-not-added-due-to-unsupported-file-system

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ReyPet 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If @Ken_Griffiths’ excellent advice does not help, please try the steps outlined on our No tracks from Mac USB drive in Sonos music library help page:

If you have a music library stored on an external USB hard drive and are using macOS 10.15 or higher, you may see a “No selections are available” error when browsing the library. This article provides steps to give Sonos the required permissions to access your library and resolve this error.

1. Open System Settings on your Mac.
  2. Click on Privacy & Security, then Full Disk Access.
  3. Click the toggle next to Sonos Library Server.
  4. Open the Sonos app.
  5. Update your music library by going to Manage > Update Music Library Now.

Navigate back to the Music Library menu under the Select a Music Source section, and you will now be able to browse your library.

I hope this helps.