Answered

Mac NAS connect problem

• 26 July 2023
  • 2 replies

I am running a Buffalo NAS (fixed IP) on a Mac network. When I try to connect the music library to the NAS I get “Check user name and password” which it doesn’t have if SMB is ON on the router, or Access Denied if SMB is off.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 27 July 2023, 10:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Modernist, welcome to the Sonos Community.

Without a diagnostics or looking into your system, I wouldn’t know what to suggest to resolve this issue. We would recommend SMB being turned on, so I would recommend keeping that option enabled.

It sounds like a permission issue both ways, but to best resolve this, you should reach out to our support team for further assistance. They have the tools available to troubleshoot this issue and can remote into your system to make any needed changes, as well as see what may be causing this issue.

I hope this information helps!

Thank you. I spoke to Apple yesterday and they saids it was an abnormal error. They suggested I set up a fresh profile and try copying from my iCloud to the NAS. I did this and it worked so the question now is, what is blocking that on my normal profile?