Skip to main content
Question

Lutron Pico's cause playlist to stack

• 27 October 2020
  • 6 replies

When cycling through my Sonos Favourites (some of which are Playlists) using the Lutron Pico, the playlists stack together. If I cycle through 3 playlists, they all just get stacked together, and if I have Shuffle on (which I do) I just get a mishmash of the 3 playlists.

Is there a way to get the playlist to clear when a new favourite is cycled through?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Lutron Forum

Seems that this issue was also brought up back in 2017 in the Lutron Forum.

According to this, this is a Sonos problem and not a Lutron problem. Unfortunately, it has now become a me problem.

Any help Sonos?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @philippompili, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos Community.  I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue. Let me help you with this.

Lutron Pico is a 3rd party device to remote control audio on Sonos speakers:

• Play/Pause
  • Skip fwd/back
  • Vol Up/Down
  • Cycle through favorites button

I’d like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can determine the path towards a resolution.

In the Sonos app, when you add a playlist, did it replace what's currently playing? 
Have you tried removing and re-adding Sonos from your Lutron Pico app? 
Can you please send us screenshots to see what's happening when adding a playlist from the Sonos app VS adding a playlist from the Lutron Pico?

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @philippompili, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos Community.  I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue. Let me help you with this.

Lutron Pico is a 3rd party device to remote control audio on Sonos speakers:

• Play/Pause
  • Skip fwd/back
  • Vol Up/Down
  • Cycle through favorites button

I’d like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can determine the path towards a resolution.

In the Sonos app, when you add a playlist, did it replace what's currently playing? 
Have you tried removing and re-adding Sonos from your Lutron Pico app? 
Can you please send us screenshots to see what's happening when adding a playlist from the Sonos app VS adding a playlist from the Lutron Pico?

So it depends on how I do it. Inb the Sonos App (Mac OS), if I use ‘Replace Queue’ then, of course, it removes what is playing, and will replace it with the new playlist. If I use ‘Play Now’ then it does the same thing where it will stack the two playlists together. I suspect the Pico is cycling through favourites using a ‘Play Now’ instead of ‘Replace Queue’, although I can’t imagine why anyone with shuffled playlists would want them stacked together like that.

Can you confrim which command the Pico is sending?

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @philippompili, thank you for your response and I'm glad that your Sonos is working on your Sonos app.

Your question about which command the Pico is sending, we don't have the information to share with you about it. I really appreciate the time and effort you've spent on this, and it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. 

I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to perform in-depth troubleshooting. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system by remotely access your device to address the issue and to consult with higher-level support to provide the best option for you.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.

Userlevel 1
Badge

This was also reported 2 years ago on this forum https://en.community.sonos.com/smart-home-integrations-229108/two-fatal-flaws-with-lutron-integration-any-solutions-6813237 so I’m not holding my breath.

Just got off the phonwe with Sonos support (wasn’t able to solve the problem) and am now askign for an appointment with someone from the engineering team.

Hopefully, that happens and we can solve this one.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @philippompili, thank you for the update. I appreciate you for reaching out to our phone support team sharing your feedback on this. Our team will get back to you and help you out with this. If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.