Skip to main content

Love the new app!

• 27 May 2024
  • 7 replies

After years of listining to the Sonos community talk about replacing the clunky old app, I want to thank Sonos for listneing to us.  The new app has beautiful, easy to use graphics and layout.  It looks great and is easy to use.  Congrats on a job well done

Unfortuantely I’ve also had a few other problems.  I wonder if others have had the same problems.

1. Can’t group rooms anymore
  2. Can’t control volumes in multiple rooms
  3. can’t find my radio stations
  4. can’t find the alarm settings
  5. extremely low volumes

Am I alone in finidng these problems?  I’m sure that since the app is so nice to look at, that it’s impossible that these problems are created by the app.  I’m sure the problem must be pn my end.  I think it’s completely reasonable to expect some minor gliches in the rollout and I’ve just decided to turn off the speakers and wait until these problems have been resolved.  No big deal.

I can’t wait to save enough money to buy the headphones as well!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

You aren’t as clever as you think you are, this shtick has already been done a few times. 

Badge

I’m not trying to be clever, just to add a little bit of humor to the situation.  It’s clear that there won’t be a solution for some time, so we might as well just laugh over it.  ultimately, tehre are other problems in life.

Userlevel 1

😄

So great that when I manage to get it to play (and I haven’t lost my playlists) there is no music selected. But is playing without volume control and now can’t turn it off. Be nice to go to bed but not an option yet! 

I’m not trying to be clever, just to add a little bit of humor to the situation.  It’s clear that there won’t be a solution for some time, so we might as well just laugh over it.  ultimately, tehre are other problems in life.

Yup that was great I lol’d. TBH I’m with you, I like the new app, pitty it’s buggy AF!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You aren’t as clever as you think you are, this shtick has already been done a few times. 

You mean Sonos right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

After years of listining to the Sonos community talk about replacing the clunky old app, I want to thank Sonos for listneing to us.  The new app has beautiful, easy to use graphics and layout.  It looks great and is easy to use.  Congrats on a job well done

Unfortuantely I’ve also had a few other problems.  I wonder if others have had the same problems.

1. Can’t group rooms anymore
  2. Can’t control volumes in multiple rooms
  3. can’t find my radio stations
  4. can’t find the alarm settings
  5. extremely low volumes

Am I alone in finidng these problems?  I’m sure that since the app is so nice to look at, that it’s impossible that these problems are created by the app.  I’m sure the problem must be pn my end.  I think it’s completely reasonable to expect some minor gliches in the rollout and I’ve just decided to turn off the speakers and wait until these problems have been resolved.  No big deal.

I can’t wait to save enough money to buy the headphones as well!

Hmmm. You related to a Mr Patrick Spence ??