Skip to main content
Answered

Lost speaker in app after disabling Touch Controls. Cannot get it back

• 29 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I disabled the Touch Controls and Led light for a Sonos IKEA bookshelf in the app. During a reset, the speaker disappeared from the app. Now I can neither control it through the app nor can I perform a factory reset. It’s completely lost.

How can I get it back?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’d try a few things. First, unplug the speaker from power, and reboot your router. Wait a couple of minutes before plugging back in your speaker, and give it a couple of minutes before checking for it in the controller. Next, if that doesn’t work, I’d try connecting it to my router temporarily with an Ethernet cable, if possible. It’s ok to move it. Next, I’d be reading through the wifi interference FAQ, to see if there may be some outside influence on your WiFi signal. 

Last, but certainly not least, I’d recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.