Skip to main content

Since the new App. installed I can't keep the 'Recently Played' or 'Sonos Favourites' content on the home screen. Sometimes the details are shown upon first opening, but disappear within seconds. This is on Android devices, up to date, so it seems to be App related. Any suggestions?

I have same issue and tried to resolve on my end, seems to be new app issue.

Try rebooting everything on your network starting with the router. 
If you log on to play.sonos.com do you see the missing elements there?

Thanks, done that several times since new app installed and still same issue as mentioned above.

The favourites and recents load up and disappear after about 15 seconds, if it stayed loaded new app would be reasonable apart from some minor issues previously mentioned elsewhere

On another android old app working great and sonos sees the network.

Thanks Bumper. Will try the reboot when a convenient moment arises. In the interim, I can see 'Favorites' and Recently Played on play.sonos.com and they don't disappear, so not sure what that tells me? App. related?

Thanks Bumper. Will try the reboot when a convenient moment arises. In the interim, I can see 'Favorites' and Recently Played on play.sonos.com and they don't disappear, so not sure what that tells me? App. related?

Same experience here. Would be good to understand why a reboot would help. Why does it work on play.sonos.com but not the app? We've had an auto reboot (aka power cut) recently and it didn't fix it.

Power failures are not always “clean”. By this I mean the failure and recovery are not like a switch that will be all or nothing for a fast transition. Particularly during recovery the voltage may vary wildly for a while. Each individual product has its own threshold for startup and shutdown. As the voltage whips around, multiple aborted reboot attempts may occur. Some products do not handle this well. Bottom line is that after recovery some items may be in an undefined state — requiring a clean reboot.

My own approach is to physically disconnect as many units as possible immediately after a power failure and wait at least a few minutes after power restoration before I restart. For critical components, such as computers I use a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to ride through brief power interruptions.

Power failures are not always “clean”. By this I mean the failure and recovery are not like a switch that will be all or nothing for a fast transition. Particularly during recovery the voltage vary wildly for a while. Each individual product has its own threshold for startup and shutdown. As the voltage whips around, multiple aborted reboot attempts may occur. Some products do not handle this well. Bottom line is that after recovery some items may be in an undefined state — requiring a clean reboot.

My own approach is to physically disconnect as many units as possible immediately after a power failure and wait at least a few minutes after power restoration before I restart. For critical components, such as computers I use a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to ride through brief power interruptions.

Good point. Am on a support chat ATM for this issue and they’re doing a remote reboot. Will update with any new info.