Skip to main content
Answered

Looking for a copy of the Sonos S2 application for windows.

• 13 May 2024
  • 8 replies

Couldn’t help but notice that the mobile apps for Sonos have been pretty thoroughly broken. I can confirm that the S2 application for windows still works. Problem is, I cant find a copy of the installer. It seems to have been pulled in favor of a cloud based service with the same (lack of) functionality as the new mobile apps. I’m very unimpressed by the new cloud based service. If I had wanted an invasive web service in my home, I would have a house full of google products.

Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the Sonos S2 Application Installer for windows?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads

Greatly appreciated. Installed and working.

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

This link works on my pc to roll back but not on my S24 ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

This link works on my pc to roll back but not on my S24 ?

The OP was asking about Windows.

By S24 I assume you mean an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S24). To install v16 (Gold icon version) of the Android app you need an app source other than Google Play store (because Google Play store doesn’t support installing old/archived versions of apps). I’m not very familiar with all the options here but I’ve seen APKMirror and Aptoide suggested.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yep iv found the apk and installed it. It works. I now have S2 on my phone. 

One thing I might add though is the app is asking me to sign in ? Everything seems to be working without following the sign in steps so I'm just leaving it as it is. I fear if I sign in it might auto update and I'll be back to square one.  Thx for your help 👍 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

where can i find the old S2 app for my iphone

the new one is a Pos

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Yep iv found the apk and installed it. It works. I now have S2 on my phone. 

One thing I might add though is the app is asking me to sign in ? Everything seems to be working without following the sign in steps so I'm just leaving it as it is. I fear if I sign in it might auto update and I'll be back to square one.  Thx for your help 👍 

@Steve TT Whether you sign in or not doesn’t affect the app auto-update.
All you need to make sure that your app won’t auto-update without your will is to disable auto-update in the Google Play Store - see my post in another thread on how to do this: 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

geez .. i asked for a link to download the apk for iPhone…

NOT for windows. i am aware  how to find that.

can the person above who was able to download  S2 fot the iPhoneplease provide the link?