Skip to main content
Question

Local radio streaming not working after APP update

• 17 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Since today my Sonos system is not able to stream local radios (e.g. RAI Radio 2).

Once loaded I get the TuneIn welcome message and then silence.

Other Sonos Radio streams are working

This happened after the update to the new APP, actually after few days because last weekend, though the APP was already updated, the service was working.

Any hint? Couldn’t find anything recent on this topic on the forum, or maybe didn’t serch correctly.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I have experienced the same issue. We mainly listen to local radio at home via TuneIn. Our usual stations are still visible on our favourites, but we’re unable to select them since the app was updated about a week ago.

I tried adding TuneIn again and another radio player, but they don’t list our local most-listened to station.

Love to hear what a work around might be.

Badge

I have experienced the same issue. We mainly listen to local radio at home via TuneIn. Our usual stations are still visible on our favourites, but we’re unable to select them since the app was updated about a week ago.

I tried adding TuneIn again and another radio player, but they don’t list our local most-listened to station.

Love to hear what a work around might be.

After investigating for some days, mainly with TuneIn support, it appeared that there couldn’t be a solution. The issue was tricky (RAI Radio channels couldn’t be streamed only if the Internet service was provided by one specific ISP whilst working on other ISP connections) and apparently not connected to Sonos neither to TuneIn. Magically, today the issue is not present anymore. RAI Radio channells can be streamed normally. I didn’t make any change and both Sonos and TuneIn support couldn’t identify a root cause.

Thanks. I tried but I cannot even find anymore Radio Rai on Tunein that I have re-installed, either the ew or the old Tunein. How did yoou find it?

Badge

Thanks. I tried but I cannot even find anymore Radio Rai on Tunein that I have re-installed, either the ew or the old Tunein. How did yoou find it?

Just made a serach from the new TuneIn

You mean Tunein (New)? I tried and it does not find anything with RAI . See the screen shot below. I also tried to re-install the old Tunein and Rai does not find anything, but I cannot even find Italy when I look in Local Radio, Pick a City, Europe.

Badge

Here is what I see.

thanks! I need to understand why mine does not find it.